Friday, February 22, 2008

Week 7 Sonnet 22 and 43 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Sonnet 22

From reading this poem I thing of two people who show that they will be there for eachother until the very end. That when they are together they are "strong" and they are ready for what the earth has in store for them. They are cherishing the time they have left together because they know that is not long. The last line concludes "with darkness and the death hour rounding it". They now the time they have left and don't want to just let it pass them without enjoying it together.



Sonnet 43

This was probably inspired by her husband. I like the use of rhyme and flow it helps in getting a better understanding. I like the different ways she can think to express her love. My favorite line is " I love thee to the level of everyday's Most quiet need by sun and candlenight". There is not a moment that she can't think or be reminded of her love for him. I like how each line leaves you thinking of how she could actually fufill her statement in her day to day life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home